I appreciate how important confidentiality and privacy is to my clients, and respect your concerns over how any information you provide is used and shared online.
To ensure that your privacy is protected I adhere to the Data Protection Act of 1998: www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679: www.icp.org.uk, and I am registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Any identifiable information you share while using this website will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice describes what types of personal data this website collects, and how personal information is handled, securely stored, and what rights you have in relation to this.
WHAT DATA/INFORMATION IS BEING COLLECTED AND HOW?
The personal data we collect from you includes:
• questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact ClearBlues Counselling
• your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
• how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
• your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
• information from the organisations that introduce you to me: psychotherapist and counsellor directories or registers, such as the UKCP, or Counselling Directory, and others
• information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use this website. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing, and includes information about the pages you visit on ClearBlues Counselling website, how long you spend on each our pages, how you got to the site, what you click on while you’re visiting the site. Please note, we do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
WHY WE NEED YOUR DATA
We collect information through third party organisations to see how you use the site so we can:
• make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
• make improvements to this site and our services, for example improving site search, adding extra content, etc
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of ClearBlues Counselling
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics is your consent.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
• to perform a task in the public interest
• in the exercise of our functions as a psychotherapeutic service
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
In most cases if we need to share your personal information, we will seek your consent or advise you that we have a legal obligation to share your data. We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example; by court order, to prevent serious crime, or If there are safeguarding issues.
Your personal information may also be shared with the following:
• Other health professionals or your GP
• Other companies or service providers you ask me to share your information with
• Any party linked with you or your business’s product or service if you are a supplier to me
We will not:
• sell or rent your data to third parties
• share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
• use your identifiable data in analytics
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
• it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
• the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. Your contact details until you stop using our services. Some of the information may be held for over 7 years.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to request:
• information about how your personal data is processed
• a copy of that personal data
• that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
• raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
• request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
• ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, please contact me directly via the details already provided in this Privacy Statement.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
Please let me know if you are unhappy with how I have used your personal information. You can contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the UK’s Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Find out on their website: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. Where we provide links to other websites, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last updated February 2021.